- I will teach you the "Magic 8" method of making HSTs (Half Square Triangles), as HSTs (any way you make them) are a key part of many, many quilting projects and this is a quick and easy way to make 8 at once. I will teach you the formula to make the HSTs any size you like, so you can use this method for any of your projects in the future. Huzzah!
- We'll also do some machine quilting. You could practice your free motion quilting on this, or do some straight line quilting with the walking foot.
Materials & Fabric:
- (1) 12.5” wide x Width of Fabric (WOF) strip of white or solid background fabric (Or (3) 12.5” Squares)
- (1) 12.5” wide x Width of Fabric (WOF) strip of feature fabric (dark or medium prints or scraps) (Or (3) assorted 12.5” Squares)
- (1) 22" x 27" backing fabric (a scrap fabric will do)
- (1) 22" x 27" piece of quilt batting
- piecing and quilting thread
- quilting (walking) foot for your sewing machine
- basting safety pins or spray ( I can provide pins)
- rulers for squaring up blocks (I can lend as well)
*** twill tape and 1/4" (or less) elastic are also required, but I will bring these as well (unless you want to bring your own).
I expect this will take about 1 - 2 hours. You can finish it at the Sew-In or at home. I will provide a tutorial if you want to finish the quilting on your own time. Please stay and work on another project when you are done.
Updated: Here is a picture of one I have made. Love it!